Google Quantum Computer – Work, Importance of the Quantum, and More
Google Quantum Computer
The information from Google quantum computer was made public.
The operation of the new machine is based on the principles of quantum physics. It is precisely these principles that allow this type of equipment to exceed conventional computers in speed far.
How does Google’s quantum computer work?
What happens is that classic processors operate only with bits. These save the information with only zeros or ones.
However, Google’s new processor works with qubits, where each bit can present the two values simultaneously, according to the law of quantum physics.
In this way, when combining two qubits, four possible states are obtained that overlap.
With three, there are already eight, and with four qubits, there are 16 different states simultaneously.
This fundamental difference allows quantum computers to take the lead.
The importance of the quantum computer:
- As highlighted in the study, the new computer’s primary importance lies in its demonstration.
- The possibility of creating a quantum processor that works and can perform calculations.
- Therefore, in essence, it is a technology demonstration.
- This milestone is also of great importance due to the significant obstacles that make it challenging to create a device like this.
- But Google engineers overcame them. An example is that quantum processors need shallow temperature environments to operate, which is difficult to achieve.
- As the study reveals, this milestone demonstrates that “quantum acceleration can be achieved in a real system and is not obstructed by any laws of occult physics.”
- A relatively simple calculation was carrying out with random data that made it necessary for the research. For example, to handle large volumes of information.
- Google’s engineers admit that this task doesn’t have many practical uses, something they don’t care about because Sycamore has a different goal.
- In essence, its primary mission is to demonstrate that it is possible to use a computer with a quantum processor.
- And a power greater than that of any current computer.
- As this technology develops, there will be times when such speed is proper.
- The IBM company was quick to deny the results achieved by Google engineers.
- As an example of the optimization that Google engineers ignored in their calculations, the enormous free space that the IBM Summit could have on its hard drives would decrease the calculation time.
- With this, IBM recognized that the startup of a quantum computer is an actual technological achievement.
- “The Google experiment is an excellent demonstration of progress in quantum computing, but it should not be seeing as proof that quantum computers are superior to classical ones.”
Also Read: Google WIFI Review – Design, Performance, and More
Review Google Quantum Computer – Work, Importance of the Quantum, and More.