How to Get rid of Bixby? – Disable the Bixby Button and More
How to Get rid of Bixby
How to Get rid of Bixby the thing about Bixby is that it’s not horrible. It’s just unnecessary. Whatever Bixby can do.
The Assistant can do better. Bixby Vision was debatably its most helpful feature, but with the rise of Google Lens, even that is not that useful anymore. Sorry, Samsung.
But joblessness isn’t even the most annoying part of Bixby. It’s that stupid Bixby button Samsung just had to throw on the side of the S8, S9, and Note 8.
It’s a constant thorn in Galaxy users’ sides, especially since it’s too easy to mistake for the Volume Rocker.
How to disable the Bixby button?
To disable the Bixby button altogether, you need to press it at least once and then configure Bixby. Counterintuitive for the endgame here, but that’s how it is.
- If your idea on using Bixby, just without the button, you’ll want to take the time to set up Bixby properly. If you plan on not by Bixby at all, you can go through the settings.
- After setting up Bixby, it’s time to disable that button.
- Get that little gear icon in the upper right corner? I touched it; it opened a quick “Bixby Key” menu. The menu contains just one button, so disable it.
- From now on, nothing will happen when you tap the Bixby button.
- No more Bixby Home for you. The countless thing about this is that if you still use Bixby’s Voice for something (anything), you can always press the button to bring up Voice.
Then if you want, you can now put that to better use by remapping it with an app called exactions. Good things.
How to altogether disable Bixby?
If you want to live that Google Assistant life and don’t want anything with Bixby at all, you’ll want to take things one step further and shut it down entirely.
- Again, you’ll need to configure Bixby to do this first, so check out the arrangement process if you haven’t already.
- By Bixby up and running, give that hardware button a tap. If you restricted the button and then walked away, swipe to the left-most home screen in the stock picker – this shows Bixby Home.
- Here Scroll down to the Voice section and turn off the “Bixby Voice” option. Most of the options below are instantly dimmed, which is disabled. That’s what you want.
- There’s one last thing you’ll find essential to do to get rid of all traces of Bixby: turn off Bixby Home.
- To do this, a hurdle to the home screen and hold it down—swipe to the screen on the left, the Bixby home screen.
- Turn off the “Bixby Home” switch on the top, and Bixby is gone for good. Or at least until you enable it again.