Law Firm Marketing Strategy – 4 Ways for Strategy
Law Firm Marketing Strategy
The newest law firm marketing strategy and techniques that you can incorporate into your 2022 marketing plan.
It comprises a collection of law firm marketing ideas that you can leverage to attract a steady stream of clients to your firm quickly.
1. Start by creating a brand.
- Branding isn’t just about taking luxurious letterheads and business cards and winning marketing awards.
- If you want to form a marketing strategy, you want the right message. It should be based on some fundamentals of the image you wish your law firm to project.
2. Demonstrate credibility & authority
A sound law firm marketing strategy should include passive and active marketing activities.
An excellent example of passive marketing is your website copy that helps build credibility and authority in your company.
Here are some excellent examples of what to make sure to include in your online marketing in 2021:
- Awards you have received
- Cohen & Marzban in Los Angeles establishes instant credibility by presenting details about the awards it has won.
Including text is fine (and great for SEO), but it’s even more visually effective if you include logos or images of your awards.
- Previous customer reviews and testimonials also provide instant credibility. Dunham & Jones features a testimonial page for each practice area, with detailed case results.
- Case studies to demonstrate expertise:
- See how the Law Offices of MHB & S in Wisconsin highlight case studies to demonstrate their expertise and success.
3. Demonstrate competence in all your practice areas
Another critical area of branding is communicating the full scope of what it does and its ability to deliver.
Of course, reviews and case studies will help you do that, but you should also focus on the following items.
The breadth of the service it provides:
- Werman Salas, P.C. in Chicago are very clear about the scope of their employment law services. There is no question in a visitor’s mind about what they provide as a service or how they can help.
- The number of attorneys you have (if it is more important than the practice of a single attorney):
If you have a few attorneys in your firm, prove it, like Siegel Lewitter Malkani in Oakland, CA.
- You can also show your successes. Dunham & Jones display the results for each month and keep them up to date.
4. Run an SEO campaign to advance visibility in Google’s search results
In the beginning, every law firm should pay attention to SEO at all times, not just in 2021.
- 75% of people never get past the first page of Google.
- 93% of online experiences start with a search engine.
Bottom line: you need to appear on search engine results pages to get clicks and traffic.
Revenue, a look at one of our legal client event studies to illustrate just how powerful SEO can be. Under is a screenshot of this law firm’s organic website visits (visits made via search engines).
Related to the first year, SEO helped Oykhman Criminal Defense increase organic visits by:
- 51% (percentage change in the second month of the SEO campaign).
- 360% (percentage change during 6 months of the SEO campaign).
Certain aspects of law firm SEO include good keyword research with professionally written titles and descriptions.
In addition, image optimization, maintaining a logical website architecture and using a fast and secure hosting platform like WPengine are best practices for SEO at all times.
Other key SEO aspects to pay special care to in 2021 include:
- Rise the amount of time visitors spend on your web pages and your site in general.
- Reduce bounce rate by making titles/descriptions clear and your pages highly relevant to your chosen keywords
- Focusing on marketing long-form content (or what we call Practice Area Power Pages), in recent years, has outperformed shorter-form content and is also shared more frequently.
- Use outline markup for your law firm to detail page content for search engines
- If your website displays poorly on mobile devices, keep it clean and tidy.
- Link building with authority sites
- Creation of citations and request for review
- Additionally, many law firms target clients in the local area. Requires good local SEO with fully optimized Google My Business accounts.