Table of Contents
Reddit dark mode is an online platform specifically designed to follow topics and topics of interest to you. It works more or less like a Facebook group: once you request to join and are accepted, you can start posting content to the group.
The thing is an addictive platform, and if you spend too much time on it, you may want to know how to activate the dark mode to protect your eyes, and here we tell you how to do it.
How to Turn on Reddit’s dark mode on the computer version?
- Log in to the Reddit page or make an account if you don’t already have one
- Here on the household page, click on the icon in the upper right corner, the one that says your username
- Here among the options, you will see “Dark Mode.”
- The flip the little switch to activate dark mode
- The browse Reddit with dark mode and protect your eyes from screen light
How to Turn on Reddit’s dark mode in the mobile app?
Exposed the Reddit app on your phone. If you don’t consume it yet, you can transfer it here for Android and here for iOS
Proceeding to the home screen, select your avatar in the upper left corner
By the bottom of this menu, select the moon icon
It resolves to activate the dark mode in the Reddit app, and you can deactivate it in the same way
A bit of history on dark mode:
- Millennials strength fixes are not related, but some of the earliest home computers used monochrome CRT monitors.
- Which presented greenish text on a black screen. Numerous early word processor machines.
- (yes, here were dedicated machines for what you can today do on Microsoft Word) too allowed for typing white text on a black background.
- It changed in the 80s when companies like Xerox and now-defunct CPT Corporation made word dispensation.
- Here the machines with a white screen with black text. It stood done to replicate the look of ink on paper.
- Irresponsible forward a few decades, and dark mode is back in full swing.
- Businesses like Apple and Google heavily promoted dark themes for all their products, and the world shadowed suit.
Why should you use dark mode?
Here, the dark mode’s most significant and scientific advantage is that it saves energy consumption on OLED or AMOLED displays:
- Trendy OLED panels, each pixel is individually lit. After the background is white. Overall the pixels are turned on, and the display demands more power.
- The display’s power requirements are naturally lowered after pixels are black or even dark grey, like the dark mode case.
- Here the power-saving ability of dark mode is incomplete to OLED screens, so phones, monitors, and laptops with LCD shows don’t benefit from it.
- Here, LCD screens illuminate using a back panel that always lights up completely.
- However, the additional utility of dark mode we often hear about cuts harmful blue light.
- The blue light is a high-energy noticeable light spectrum with the shortest wavelength.
- However, the primary natural source of blue light for human beings is the Sun, but our phones emit trace amounts of blue light, too.
- Here, rendering a Harvard Health paper, excessive exposure to blue light can suppress melatonin secretion.
- A hormone is essential for getting proper sleep at night. It’s not somewhat you should be concerned about, though.
- Businesses often make sweeping claims about how dark improves visibility reduces eye strain.
- And also makes it easier to use a device in low light. But that’s not always the case.
Why shouldn’t you use dark mode?
However, many people feel more comfortable using dark mode in dimly lit conditions, and it’s not always advisable.
- Humanoid lives are adept at seeing things more clearly in the daytime and not at night.
- Here we have changed to see dark on light, whether objects in our natural surroundings during daylight or written text on paper.
- Therefore, in the most simple ways and for better contrast, we should see dark on light somewhat than the other way around.
- An important moot point against dark mode use for better visibility is light on dark theme. Mainly for text, it is not necessarily suitable for everyone.